About Rose2Rose (R2R)
Rose2Rose is an agency under Humanitarian Care Malaysia (MyCARE). MyCARE’s humanitarian relief network covers south east Asia, war-torn countries in the Middle East, the stateless and displaced Rohingya people, as well as disaster-stricken areas regardless of racial and religious boundaries. Rose2Rose focuses on empowering women and ensures the education of the affected children.
To date, Rose2Rose has successfully opened six education centers; two in Gaza, Palestine, one in Sarmada, Syria, one in Antakya, Turkey, and two in Selangor, Malaysia. These centers have helped improve the lives of women, and ensure the education of refugee children. They also act as support centers for single mothers who are greatly affected by the conflicts in their respective countries.
About Walk4Humanity (W4H)
Walk4Humanity is a fund raising effort to sponsor educational programs to empower women and to guarantee the future of children in Gaza, Syria, Turkey and Malaysia. Previously, Rose2Rose successfully hosted Walk4Humanity on April 6, 2014 at Padang Merbok, Kuala Lumpur, on April 5, 2015 at Taman Tasik Titiwangsa Lake Park, and April 10, 2016 at Dataran Kemerdekaan Shah Alam with a total of 4,500 participants. It has also achieved the objective of disseminating accurate information on humanitarian issues, as well as promoting a healthy lifestyle.
5km: E-Certificate, T-shirt, Running bib, Goodie bag
10km: E-Certificate, T-shirt, Running bib, Goodie bag, Wristband
Running Kit Collection
17th November 2017 | 10am – 6pm | Humanitarian Care Malaysia Berhad’s office
18th November 2017 | 9am – 2pm | Student Centre at UNITEN Putrajaya Campus
Rules and Regulations
- Walk4Humanity (Event) is organised by Rose2Rose, Humanitarian Care Malaysia Berhad (The “Organiser”) and is open to anyone age 10 and above for 5km and 10 km; each participant attends the session at his/her free will.
- Participants below the age of 18 are required to obtain the consent of their parents / guardians before signing up for this Event. Children below the age of 10 does not need to pay the registration fees but is allowed to follow the 5km Run.
- Participants must be certified fit to participate in this Event. The Organiser shall not be liable for any accident or mishap which arises as a result of non-disclosure of medical conditions by the Participants.
- Participants agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participants. The Organiser may contact the Participants from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participants. If the Participants provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participants’ registration and refuse any and all current or future use of the Event’s Official Website (or any parts therefore).
- Once Participants’ registration have been duly processed, there will be NO refund for Participants who do not eventually take part in the Event for whatever reason.
- Entries are transferable at a charge of RM30++ transfer fee. Changes in t-shirt size and name may not be guaranteed for transfers. No transfer will be allowed 30 days prior to Event day.
- All T-Shirt measurements are subject to 1 – 2 cm tolerance.
- All merchandise – color, design and material are subject to change without notice.
- Any t-shirts, race bibs, finisher medals or any other merchandise and goodies not collected at the stipulated time shall be forfeited and any request thereafter will not be entertained. No refund will be entertained.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the date, venue or to cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to Participants, in which case the Organiser will make effort to inform the Participants prior to the date. If the Event has to be cancelled, there shall be NO refund of fees and the Organiser shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused. Any updates on the Event including any changes to the Rules and Regulations will be posted on the Event’s Official Website. It is the responsibility of the Participants to keep abreast with such updates and changes. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconveniences caused.
- There will be no refund of registration fees, if the Event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organiser (including but not limited to haze, storm, rain, inclement weather, wind, act of God, terrorism or other conditions) and which in the Organiser’s opinion, renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the Event.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel and/or add any Event category without giving any reasons whatsoever or providing any prior notice to the Participants.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Event’s race routes (‘Routes’) as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event at any time without prior notice to the Participants. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participants prior to the date of the Event. Any changes made to the Event’s Routes will be posted in the Event’s Official Website. It is the responsibility of the Participants to keep abreast with such changes. The Organiser shall not be liable for any other loss or inconveniences caused due to such changes.
- Participants must wear the assigned race bibs on their chests at all times during the Event’s race. Participants who do not wear race bibs are not permitted to join the Event and will be requested to leave the Event running route by security officers/officials. The Organiser will not be responsible for any runners that run without the official bibs indicating participants’ numbers of the Event.
- A Participant must retire from the race immediately, if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, Race Director, Referee, and/or security officer.
- Participants must follow their respective Event Route, the direction of security officers/officials, traffic management officers/officials, Event’s officers/officials and any enforcement officers/officials. Participants must take precaution at all times to stay away from activities / deeds that may deem not fit for the safety of the Participants to prevent any potential hazards
- All finishers in all categories will be awarded a finisher medal upon presentation of their bib number on Event Day. The medals must be collected on Event Day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising and distribution to the Organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Rules & Regulations at any time, at its sole discretion, without any prior notice.
- Participants must ensure that they have read and understood the Personal Data Protection Notice on the collection, retention, use, disclosure and management of the Participant’s personal data. By reading and agreeing to it, Participants agree to authorise the organisers and/or any of its subsidiary companies to collect, retain, use and disclose the Participant’s personal data for the purposes mentioned in the Personal Data Protection Notice.